Sunday 24 April 2022

Innistrad: Crimson Vow Commander - 7 Point Highlander set review



Hello!

This is my Commander Crimson Vow 7 Point Highlander set review. I'm keeping it shourt and simple to catch up to New Capenna.

Reveal Emrakul, the Aeon's Torn, win the game.

Decent in decks using Delirium cards. It helps find the delirium payoffs and generates a threat. You need to be wary of Hullbreacher though.

Strong in Ancestral Recall decks. Even just recasting a Swords to Plowshares or Lightning Bolt is very good.
Spirit Tribal decks would'nt be running a large number of instant and sorceries so ~ would be unreliable there.

Good payoff for Vampires despite being 6 mana. I think they're worth it. You might want to adjust your deck to run Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors, but Vampires are quite colour intense. It may work out.
Good to cheat onto the battlefield with Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord.


Solid midrange duo. Good value against removal. Kamber wrecks aggro decks hard.

Wow, what a weird card and quite a large payoff for the madness strategy. I really gotta have a go at that deck (for the 3rd time). The first time I tried aggro with Lotleth Troll and Wild Mongrel type cards but it was just worse than a regular aggro deck. The second time I went for value grind with looters but it wasn't disruptive enough against combo
This time I think I'll go midrange but try pack as much disruption in whilst preserving the madness strategy.

SIDEBOARD CARDS

Awesome artifact hoser for Vampire tribal.


That's it. Spectral Arcanist is the best in general. I think a lot of players will be slow to find it but I except Ancestral Recall players to adopt it.


No comments:

Post a Comment